Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Set list 08/24/08

Well starting next week I'll have a little less commentary about our worship songs (unless something strikes me) unless we're introducing a new song (Oh yeah, we are how about that...), anyway this was Brandon's last week of leading worship at our Downtown Campus and so I'll be posting worship sets for both campuses for the time being, but that won't start until next week. I'm really looking forward to what God's been doing both at Main Campus and Downtown Campus, it's been an awesome adventure and it's going to get even better.

Right, before I jump into the set lists' wanted to say welcome back to Jeremy (Our admin and worship arts Pastor) who's been on vacation and wearing other hats for the last three weeks (working with host team, preaching, you know little things like that).

Set List:
Performance Song: Unwritten (Natasha Bedingfield) - When we started there where it all began the premise was simple, The Church didn't start with hundreds of people it started with Jesus and his disciples, but we wanted to make the point that the story of the church was still going on today, so of course, "The rest is still unwritten." (At least until we get to Revelations, but that's another subject matter entirely).

You Are (Todd Fields) - One of my favorite faster paced worship songs, there is so much truth in this song. This one is from the Nothpoint Live Album

Lord of All (Kristian Stanfill) - We did this song for the first time the last time Jeremy lead worship, it's another awesome song from the Louder than Creation worship album (Northpoint).

God of This City (Andrew McCann, Boyd Aaron, Ian Jordan, Peter Comfort, , Peter Kernaghan, Richard Bleakley... We did the Passion'08 arrangement of the song) - Theme Worship song... kinda funny in the 4 weeks we've done this song we haven't done it the same way once, thought I think this last week (literally, as the series is over) was the most fun I've had with it.

Amazing Grace/My Chains are Gone (Traditional/Tomlin) - This followed the "Fix You" video, wanting to add some amazing worship to follow that amazing video.

Other Elements: The Fix You (Coldplay) Video: Josh (Our Downtown campus pastor and video/graphic arts director) designed an AWESOME testimonial video with snippets from letters we've received interviews we did and audio clips from the other sermons in this series, the end result was a heart stirring video that I HOPE he puts up for Creative Chaos tomorrow so I can link it.

EDIT: It's up and available for view HERE

Just an AWESOME worship set, Thank you God for letting me be a part of this movement to reach people far from You.

Band: Jeremy, Ronnie, Steven (Keys this week), Bill, Elizabeth, Me, Vocals: Tammie and Kimberli (Nee-san!)

No gear broke, but I've "retired" the JAck Dejohnette sticks I were using a bit to loud when I play aggressive and switched to the Dennis Chamber series.

No comments: