Monday, June 30, 2008

Set List 06/29/08

We kicked off our new series "Outlaw" this Sunday.

And looking at are worship set this week I could have called it "Todd Fields" Sunday.
Who is Todd Fields? He's one of the worship leaders (and song writers) from North Point Church, they've got such an amazing worship team down there, I highly recommend both of their albums (North Point Live, via itunes, and louder than creation, via the Northpoint music website).

You Are (By Todd Fields)We've been doing this one for a fair piece of time now and it's still one of our favorites, especially as a high-energy opening song tot he worship set.

Salvation's Chorus (By Todd Fields) I love this song! Sing for joy all people of God indeed!

Let me Sing (By, you guessed it Todd Fields) From the first time we've heard this song I think everyone on staff/volunteer staff has loved this worship song. And it's such a true song, you know? I don't want the rocks who don't have saving grace to be singing praises louder than myself.

Performance Song: Man of constant sorrow, (From the motion picture O Brother, Where Art Thou?, and by various other artists) I must admit that prior to practice on Thursday I was very nervous about this song, but after practice I was couldn't wait. I got to play washboard (Of course our percussionist is on vacation this week!) and I got to sing! (long ramble removed to time constraints). It was so much fun to do, about the only thing missing was the bales of hay and the bib overalls.

Band: Ronnie (Playing both electric and rhythm acoustic for PS) Justin (electric and lead acoustic for PS) Bill (Bass and vocals) Tammie and Leigh (Vocals) Jeremy (Worship lead and acoustic) Dave (Keys and PS vocals) Me (Drums and PS vocals).

No comments: