Monday, June 9, 2008

Set List 06/08/08

Well today was an eventful day, a day that'll go down in history, a day that was err... ummm a day!

Okay so two days have past since I started this post and I decided to leave my post worship high/pre-energy drain crash rambling thoughts at the beginning of the post.

Boomin - Something that we've been working on doing is switching around when we do our performance song (that is, if we do a performance song) and this week (and most likely for the rest of the series) we kicked off the morning with the performance song. It's a Toby-Mac song and it's high energy, Josh our Campus Pastor for downtown did the rapping parts of it. AND we finally got those blasted canons to fire off!

We Cry Out - One of the newer songs that we've gotten from the Jesus Culture CD, like their other worship is phenomenal, it's a fast paced rock/worship song with awesome lyrics, "Oh God we cry out for your mercy, oh God we cry out for Your Grace..." Ironically I got this worship album for the song "How he Loves" and just found the entire cd to be amazing worship. If you ahve itunes try this.

Salvation is Here - a Hillsong song that we’ve done, it’s a fun song with an awesome bass part. I wish I could say more about this song, but by the time I finally sat down to write this my mind is on this morning’s worship set rather then last weeks. (that’s right this post sat unfinished for an entire week, bad, music director, no biscuit!)

Famous one - Our "theme" worship song for the series it’s one that we pulled out of the “archive” ironic because at the old “traditional” church I went to (cough cough) years ago it would have been considered ultra contemporary. And I don’t want to take away from the worship value of the song because it’s a great praise song, it’s just a bit of perspective for me as a musician. It is of course by Chris Tomlin and we’re doing the live passion version of the song.

Band was Jeremy, Ronnie, BIll, Dave, Elizabeth, Me. Vocals were Tammie, Mia (And Josh for boomin).

No comments: