Sunday, June 15, 2008

Set list 06/15/08

Today was both fun and amazing worship... though it was kind of odd.

Now this week Dave our TD fixed the mix going to my in-ears and I had a very good mix, and worship sounded amazing, more so made by my amazing group this week.

Our performance song was All Star by Smashmouth, a fun song that took me back to my high-school days (dating myself now), but it was fun and it connected well. Justin (one of our awesome guitarists) filled in the vinyl scratch sound by scratching on his guitar strings, and Elizabeth (Our Percussionist) added flair to the instrumental with bells, that timed perfectly to Ronnie's (Another one of our amazing guitarists) guitar solo.

So in programming we were debating over the whole do you stand people up for a fun bopping head song, or do you reserve that for worship? Anyone have some thoughts on the matter?

Worship set this week was Not to Us/Here is our King, By Tomlin/Crowder, however we did the North Point Arrangement from the North Point Live album. (Do you have this album yet? you should!)

We then did Let me Sing by Todd Fields (North Point again, surprise! this time it's off the Louder than Creation cd, [think North Point Live Volume 2] which is not [at least last time I checked] available via itunes yet, but if you don't ) This is an amazing worship song... (would someone buy me a thesaurus, I need new words!) And at one point when the band get's quiet I could hear people singing, Our production director Kristen, and Tech Director David said it was incredible.

We finished up our worship set with Famous One (see last weeks post) I'm not sure if it was inspired from let me sing, but it was just powerful worship especially with Famous One.

Well I'm out next week, but i'll post the notes I can gather plus what I can tell from the mixdown.

See Pick, it't not butterfly kisses, but we could have followed suit...

Worship team this week was
Jeremy, Bill, Ronnie, Justin, Anne, Elizabeth, Me

*So what inspires you to worship this week?

2 comments:

Clay's Journey said...

I lead worship at our church. Were can I find the chord progressions for "salvation's chorus"? I would appreciate any help. Thank you brother.

Clay Jernigan
Summerville, SC
The Journey Church
www.journeychurchsc.org

Matthew Furukawa said...

Hey Clay, I got the Core packages through Northpoint music, http://www.northpointmusic.org/

It's $50.00 for a core package unless you've got a membership (Either individual or organizational)in which case the cost is halved. (I've got an individual account)

You get Chord charts, cheat sheets, a demo of the song and a click track (which often has a loop built into it... a drum loop mind you) but it's great if you've got a drummer who's comfortable with click tracks and loops.