Sunday, July 13, 2008

Set List 07/13/08

Wow what an amazing day today was. (Believe it or not about half of this was actually written Sunday afternoon, the rest took up till now)

We did a worship song that I've been wanting to do for months now, it's (surprise) from North Point's Louder than creation album, "Lift High" by Eddie Kirkland. (More on that in a minute), it was a service crafted for powerful worship, (wait till you see the line up).

Here's the Set List

We Shine (By Steve Fee) - When we first did this song it was more as a performance song than a worship song, (Even now I consider it more of a Shouted declaration not that there's anything wrong with that, it's just not a normal worship song... but then again, when was the last time I was worried about normal...) But the huge response we got from it, (I mean no kidding, 300 people shouting that they belong to Jesus is awesome!) meant it had to be added to our Worship rotation.

Lift High (By Eddie Kirkland) - This is an amazing Worship song. When we went to the Drive conference at North Point this song was part of the worship set opening night and had me (literally) in tears during worship. And it seemed to connect well, plus Pick did a really good job introducing the song. This has been on my "MUST DO" worship list since I've heard it and I was glad we were able to share it with the rest of the church.

How He Loves (Originally by: John MacMillan, Jesus Culture arrangement) - This was actually a song brought to my attention by Josh the Pastor of our Downtown campus and creative director. The Entire Cd (We Cry Out) is awesome worship! But this song is a huge impact worship song. With such vivid imagery in the lyrics. "If Grace is an ocean, we're all sinking" I get shivers singing that.

Performance song was Calling All Angels (By Train) - The song wasn't a perfect fit for the outlaw theme that is our current series, but it was a perfect fit for the message. And it was a LOT of fun to play.

Matt's Gear (got busted) List; 2 (Peter Erskine signature) Drum Sticks, 1 13" head (Old original Tama head replaced by a new Evans G+ coated) 1 16" head (Old original Tama head replaced by a new Evans G+ coated)(But for all that, I'm still not happy with the way that floor tom sounds, so I'm going to switch it our with my 16" Mapex floor tom.

Band: Ronnie, Justin, Jeremy, Bill, Dave, Tammie, Me

No comments: